6 TSE researchers are currently funded by the ERC.
- ERC « Starting Grants »
support up-and-coming research leaders who are about to establish or consolidate a proper research team and to start conducting independent research in Europe. The scheme targets promising researchers who have the proven potential of becoming independent research leaders. It supports the creation of excellent new research teams and strengthens others that have been recently created.
Hosted by the Foundation JJ Jaffont or by the Laboratory TSE-R:
- Isis DURRMEYER : PRIDISP - Understanding price dispersion: new structural models of price discrimination and applications
- Daniel GARRETT: DYNMECH - Dynamic Mechanisms (Grant n° 714147)
- Renato GOMES: PLATFORM - Competition and Regulation of Platform Markets (Grant n°759733)
- Eric GAUTIER : POEMH - Parsimony and Operator methods for treatment of Endogeneity and Multiple sources of unobserved Heterogeneity” (Grant n° 337665)
- Takuro YAMASHITA : ROBUST - Robust Mechanism Design and Robust Prediction in Games (Grant n° 714693)
- ERC « Advanced Grants »
allow exceptional established research leaders of any nationality and any age to pursue ground-breaking, high-risk projects that open new directions in their respective research fields or other domains. The ERC Advanced Grant funding targets researchers who have already established themselves as independent research leaders in their own right.
- Ingela ALGER: Evolving Economics – Human motivation: evolutionary foundations and their implications for economics (Grant n°789111)
- Bruno JULLIEN: ISECO - Information services: competition and ex-ternalities(Grant n° 670494)
- Jean TIROLE: MARKLIM - Markets and their limits (Grant n° 669217)
TSE receives significant support from the National Agency (ANR) of Research, the main funder of public research and research partnerships in France.
14 TSE researchers are involved in research projects funded by the ANR. (Hosted by the Foundation JJ Jaffont or by the Laboratory TSE-R):
- Henrik ANDERSSON : BRISK - "Déterminants comportementaux des préférences individuelles pour la réduction des risques pour la santé" (ANR-20-CE36-0004)
- Céline BONNET : DIET+: "Effects of diet changes on market equilibrium, value sharing, public health, environment and land use" (ANR-17-CE21-0003)
- Matthieu BOUVARD : FINRIS - "Innovation financière et gestion du risque" (ANR-20-CE26-0010)
- Sylvain CHABE-FERRET : PENSEE - "Payments for ENvironmental Services: an Evidence-based Evaluation" (ANR-16-CE32-0011)
- Frédéric CHERBONNIER : EDIN - "Economy of Disruptive Innovation" (ANR-17-CE26-0005-01)
- Abdelaati DAOUIA : EXTREMREG - "Extremal Regression with Applications to Econometrics, Environment and Finance"
- Marion DESQUILBET: IDAE - Institution Des AgroEcologies (ANR-15-CE21-0006-09)
- Pierre DUBOIS : FAD - "Food consumption, Advertising and Dynamics" (ANR-15-ORAR-0001-01)
- Pierre DUBOIS : ANTIBIONOMICS - "Economics of Antibiotics: Incentives for Innovation and Health Care Costs" (ANR-16-CE36-0004-02)
- Isis DURRMEYER & Mathias REYNAERT: CAREGUL - "Breathe in, breathe out: regulation on the European automobile market and air quality"(ANR- 18-CE03-0003-01)
- Sébastien GADAT : MASDOL - "Mathematics of Stochastic and Deterministic Optimization for Deep Learning"
- Victor GAY : ObARDI - "Ontology-based Ancien Régime Data Infrastructure" (ANR-20-CE38-0015)
- Christian GOLLIER : LONGTERMISM - Evaluation des investissements ultra-longs (ANR-17-CE03-0010-01)
- Astrid HOPFENSITZ: SINT - L'intelligence sociale: experiences et théories concernant les agents économiques (ANR-15-CE33-0005)
- Thierry MAGNAC : ECHOPPE - "EConomics of HOusing and Public Policy Evaluation" (ANR-17-CE41-0008-01)
- Nour MEDDAHI : Covid-Metrics - Econometrics, Time Series, and Risk Management of Covid-19
- Sophie MOINAS : PIMS - "Price formation In financial MarketS" (ANR-16-CE26-0008-01)
- François POINAS : RECHC "Rendements de l'éducation : nouveaux challenges pour les modèles d'investissement en capital humain" (ANR-20-CE26-0011)
- Alban THOMAS : ATCHA - Accompagner l'adaptation de l'agriculture irriguée au changement climatique (ANR-16-CE03-0006)
- Stéphane VILLENEUVE : PACMAN - "Principal-Agent, Contracts and Mean-field gAmes for eNergy" (ANR-16-CE05-0027-04)
The TSE research teams are involved in H2020 projects.
This specific programme supports all types of research activities led by research organisations through transnational cooperation. Their aim is to build and consolidate leadership in scientific and technological fields. The funding of socio-economics and social science projects contribute to more in-depth study and a wider comprehension of complex and independent socio-economic challenges that Europe is currently facing.
- Stefan AMBEC : GEMCLIME - "Global Excellence in Modelling of Climate and Energy" (Grant n°681228)
"Investissements d'avenir", French government funding program
In 2010, as part of its €57bn. Investments for the Future program prominently dedicated to research and higher education, the French government launched an ambitious and extensive tender for applications to select the most promising research clusters and units, the laboratories of excellence (LABEX = laboratoires d’excellence). The tender resulted in the award of 171 multi-year LABEX across all disciplines, selected by an international selection jury.
TSE received two of the largest LABEX grants:
a. LABEX IAM-TSE (Incentives, Agents, Markets) was awarded in 2012 with a 15 M€ funding commitment over 8 years for TSE, the largest among the 71 grants in the second wave of LABEX grant awards.
- Download Full document.
b. LABEX IAST was awarded in 2011 with a 25 M€ funding commitment over 9 years, the third largest among the 100 grants in the first wave of LABEX grants. It enabled the creation of the interdisciplinary Institute for Advanced Study in Toulouse (IAST), a brainchild of Jean Tirole in which the economists of TSE play a prominent role. IAST and its LABEX funding are presented on the IAST website.
In 2017, the French government launched another Investments for the Future program to support the creation of innovative and impactful research-based graduate schools: « Ecoles universitaires de recherche » (EUR). TSE's proposal was selected for the "CHESS" project: Toulouse Graduate School Challenges in Economics and Quantitative Social Sciences. The project, soon to be underway, has received a 10,8 M€ funding commitment over 10 years.
- Press Release (in French)
TSE is also coordinator or partner in various projects ranging from local projects to international projects
- David Austen-Smith – IDACC - Information, Deliberation and Collective Choice
- James Hammitt : AMEP– «Advancing Methods for Evaluating Environmental/health policy and wealth»
- Jorgen Weibull : –“Evolution and stability of moral values,social norms and wealth”
- AIR FORCE GRANT
Jérôme Bolte receives the "Air Force" US Government Grant for his research on the KL inequalities and their application in non-convex optimization. The 3 year project is entitled "Forward-backward splitting for nonconvex optimization problems".
- SLOAN FOUNDATION GRANT
With the support of American Friends of TSE, Daniel L. Chen was awarded a 3 years grant (2018-2021) from the Sloan Foundation for the development of oTree, an open-source platform for conducting interactive behavioral experiments in economics, market research, psychology, and related fields. The word “Tree” in the name refers to decision trees, and the prefix “o” stands for “open.”
- ERC Calls 2021 Advanced Grants
Call for proposals by senior researchers (12 years after PhD).
More information: HERE
- ANR Calls AAPG 2022 Grants
The Generic Call for Proposals 2022 (AAPG 2022) is the French National Research Agency’s (ANR) main call. It is directed towards all scientific communities and all public and private players involved in French research.
More information: HERE
- Call for projects EIF 2021
In partnership with the Louis Bachelier LABEX, the Foundation will be funding 15 research projects, each of which will receive financing of €10,000. All projects must have at least one researcher affiliated to a French academic institution. Projects involving several teams, especially those with a clear European dimension, will be examined with particular interest. Deadline: October 15th, 2021
More information : HERE
- Annual Banque de France Prize for Young Researchers in Green Finance
Open to PhD holders, ideally under 40 years of age, who are affiliated with a French university and/or academic institution(s), as well as to students enrolled in a thesis but who have not yet defended their thesis as soon as the date of the defence is set. Application open in september 2021
More information: HERE