Admission for newcomers
- Applicants holding a foreign degree
- What is included in the 5,500€ of tuition fees?
- Mathematics requirements
- Language of instruction
- GRE = Graduate Record Examination
- Recommendation letters
- Students' living expenses (monthly)
- Doctoral track
- How to submit my application material?
- Could we start the program in January?
- I am a foreign student already studying in France, do I need to provide a French language certificate to apply at TSE?
- Which kind of decision can I get after applying for a Master's program during the Eiffel scholarship campaign?
To apply for a 1st year (Licence i.e. Undergraduate level): International Relations office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
More information here (in French)
To apply for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th year (Licence and Master i.e. Undergraduate and Graduate levels): TSE Admission office (email@example.com)
Please see our website in the “admission section" to know about application procedures and dates, and required documents.
If you hold a degree from one of the following countries, you have to follow also the procedure "Etudes en France" through Campus France : Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Gabon, Guinea, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ivory Coast, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Morocco, Peru, Republic of the Congo, Republic of Djibouti, Russia, Senegal, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, United States of America, Vietnam.
For more information on application procedures according to your situation, please click here
- Project management courses and other practical courses (e.g. professional development courses in small groups).
- Our full careers service.
- French language classes scheduled before the beginning of courses.
- Mathcamp scheduled before the beginning of courses.
- A welcome package by Toulbox in order to facilitate your arrival.
Please note that we are specialized in mathematical economics, micro and macro-economics and econometrics. A high level in mathematics is required.
- Undergraduate courses: 100% French language (C1 required) (in Undergraduate 3rd year, there are few courses taught in English).
- Master courses (standard track): 70% English language and 30% French language (C1 required for French only).
- Master courses (international track): 100% English language (C1 required).
- Master 2nd year, doctoral track: 100% English language (C1 required).
Is TOEFL compulsory for all applicants?
No, it is not. Students who are English-native speakers, who have obtained a degree (at least two years) in a university in an English-speaking country , or they followed a three-year undergraduate degree entirely taught in English are exempted.
We only accept the following language certificates: TOEFL iBT (90/120 at "Best Scores"), IELTS Academic (7/9 minimum score) or Cambridge English Advanced Certificate (C1 or advanced level).
We ask ALL foreign degree holders to submit the GRE for their Master's degree application.
All parts of the exam are required: Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning and Analytical Writing.
There is no minimum score required. Usually, admitted students score over 165 at the Quantitative Reasoning section of the test.
A scanned copy of your results can be joined to your application file.
GMAT score is not required and in no case can be provided instead of GRE.
We ask for letters of recommendation for your Master's degree application (two letters for an application in Master 1st year and three letters for an application in Master 2nd year).
Letters of recommendation must be sent by academic referees (directly sollicited by the applicants) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the applicant’s full name and file number (TSxxxxxx) in the text of the email.
Each letter of recommendation must be submitted as a single PDF file document on an official letterhead with the full name, status and signature of the person who wrote it.
Students already registered at TSE do not need to provide letters of recommendation.
Between 300 and 600€: room or flat.
100€: extra activities, school supplies.
TSE offers for each new international student in a Master's degree, international track, a Toul’Box package in order to facilitate the arrival in Toulouse. This special package ALL IN-TSE provides personalized arrival with a pick up at the airport, accommodation booking, bank account opening, and so on.The Toul’box team will contact the students concerned from May.
Please see the website: https://toulbox.univ-toulouse.fr/en/
Economics Theory and Econometrics (ETE) is the Master 2 you have to follow if you want to pursue a PhD at TSE.
The other Master 2 programs allow you either to pursue PhD programs in other universities or to start a professional career, as an economist in a company for instance.
All application must be done in a dematerialised format via the online platform eCandidatures. No paper application or application by email will be accepted.
Dematerialised application: the required documents must be uploaded on eCandidatures at the appropriate space. For the letters of recommendation, GRE and certificate of language, please follow the instructions located on eCandidatures.
No, you could not. Both Undergraduate and Master's programs start in September only.
For Master students, preliminary courses (Mathcamp and French language) start in August.
To apply for an Undergraduate's degree 2nd or 3rd year: Are exempted from providing a French language certificate, foreign students enrolled in Undergraduate's degree 1st or 2nd year at TSE or having studied at a university in a French-speaking country for at least two years.
To apply for a Master's degree, standard track: Are exempted from providing a French language certificate, foreign students having studied at TSE or at another university in a French-speaking country for at least two years.
Applicants can be in three different situations during the Eiffel scholarship application campaign:
- they can receive an admission in Master and be supported by TSE with regards to Campus France for the Eiffel scholarship application,
- or they can receive an admission in Master, but are not supported by TSE for the Eiffel scholarship,
- or finally they do not receive an admission in Master and are not supported for the Eiffel scholarship.
Keep in mind that the decision to support Eiffel scholarship applicants with regards to Campus France entirely depends on the TSE selection committees in Master's programs.