Welcome to the TSE careers service
Preparing our students for their future careers and strengthening our relationships with business and policy communities is of primary importance to TSE.
Offering guidance and support is also fundamental in career development to help students learn, grow and build skills in a challenging job market.
The TSE careers team offers a wide range of services to both students and employers:
- Job, internship or apprenticeship offers
- Speak to our students during our "Business or Alumni Talks"
- Participate in our recruitment fair : "Busines Networking Day"
- Pariticipate in the Professional Development sessions
- Submit your case studies to our Masters Directors
- Submit your data for processing to our students within the statistical consulting workshop
- Suport our associations
- Go and meet the careers service, take advantage of the business opportunities offered by the school.
Don't hesitate to contact the careers service for further information: email@example.com !
Find and offer an internship or a job
- Master 1 : 2 to 5 months (April-August)
- Master 2 : 4 to 6 months (April-December)
All internships are subject to an agreement between the intern, the organization receiving them and the university. This agreement must be signed 3 weeks before the start of the placement. The internship must have a learning objective recognised by the institution, whether or not it is integrated in the curriculum.
Job or internship offers and information
All offers and information are managed via the TSE alumni platform:
Feel free also to send any offers directly by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for students is also available to help them go through the internship process.
Skills of TSE students
- Understanding, analysis, and evaluation of public policies
- Development of business strategies
- Analysis of the functioning of markets and their regulation
- Open mindedness, understanding of the economic behaviour of actors in everyday life
- Interpretation of statistical models
- Mastering of analysis tools
Professional development courses
Assessing your personality type, your strengths and weaknesses and learning how to talk about your studies and experience is an immense challenge. The Professional development module offered to first and second year master students (in English or in French) consists of 8 sessions. The facilitator provides input, encourages oral interaction, and practical exercises to practice the skills involved to motivate and empower participants to confront the job market successfully and to find the perfect internship:
- Internship Strategy
- Writing a CV
- Covering letters
- Career Guidance
Companies and institutions can contribute to the professional development of TSE students through internships or job offers but also in helping the school in many different ways:
- Giving a Business or an Alumni talk
- Taking part in professional development sessions
- Submitting case studies to the TSE educational teams
- Supporting the students associations
If you are interested, don't hesitate to contact the careers service: email@example.com
TSE careers forum
This year, the Business Networking Day will take place via a virtual format on November 27. This Career Forum organised each year in Toulouse by the TSE, is a unique opportunity for students to be in contact with different companies / institutions from different sectors and discover jobs and internship opportunities, and talk with potential recruiters from both policy and industry. We also welcome at the event a number of TSE alumni now working in international firms and institutions, looking to recruit TSE students and ready to share their career path experiences.
The registrations for students will be open soon.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Participants 2019 :
Practicioners and academic conferences for students
During the academic year, TSE organizes special lectures by professionals, called “business talks”, or by researchers, called “academic talks” to develop the economic culture of our students and help them built their future career plans.
We also offer our students public lectures given by renowned international social scientists, in collaboration with the interdisciplinary research institute IAST (Institute for Advanced Study in Toulouse).
Some images of the last Business Talk:
Smooth transition into the labor market
Most current sectors: senior managerial positions in industries and services such as banking, insurance, consultancy, as well as international institutions and market regulators
Most current jobs: economists, analysts, statistical research managers, consultants, or researchers.
Click on the image below to watch the video.
Main missions to tackle most current issues:
- Rethinking Market Strategy in a Digital Economy
- Articulating Market Regulation for your firm’s long term interests
- Designing and assessing viable methods to promote growth and innovation, while protecting the environment
- Choosing best practices, adapting business models to challenging new markets
- Deciding on strategies to optimize data solutions
- Selecting appropriate models according to the type of data at hand
Watch the video on the diversity of economist professions: