10 TSE researchers are currently funded the ERC, making TSE is the top ERC grant beneficiary in its field, Europe-wide.
- ERC « Starting Grants »
support up-and-coming research leaders who are about to establish or consolidate a proper research team and to start conducting independent research in Europe. The scheme targets promising researchers who have the proven potential of becoming independent research leaders. It supports the creation of excellent new research teams and strengthens others that have been recently created.
- Thomas CHANEY : FINET - Firm Networks Trade and Growth (Grant n°337272)
- Daniel GARRETT: DYNMECH - Dynamic Mechanisms (Grant n° 714147)
- Eric GAUTIER : POEMH - Parsimony and Operator methods for treatment of Endogeneity and Multiple sources of unobserved Heterogeneity” (Grant n° 337665)
- Augustin LANDIER : SOLSYS - Systemic Risk and Financial Vulnerabilities: Diagnosis and Solutions (Grant n° 312503)
- Takuro YAMASHITA : ROBUST - Robust Mechanism Design and Robust Prediction in Games (Grant n° 714693)
- ERC « Consolidator Grants »
are designed to support researchers at the stage at which they are consolidating their own independent research team or programme. The scheme will strengthen independent and excellent new individual research teams that have been recently created.
- ERC « Advanced Grants »
allow exceptional established research leaders of any nationality and any age to pursue ground-breaking, high-risk projects that open new directions in their respective research fields or other domains. The ERC Advanced Grant funding targets researchers who have already established themselves as independent research leaders in their own right.
- Bruno BIAIS: TAP - Trading and Post-trading (Grant n° 295484)
- Bruno JULLIEN: ISECO - Information services: competition and ex-ternalities (Grant n° 670494)
- Thierry MAGNAC: DYSMOIA - Dynamic Structural Economic Models: Identification and Estimation (Grant n° 295298)
- Patrick REY :COOPETITION - Cooperation and competition in vertical relations: the business strategies and industry oversight of supply agreements and buying patterns (Grant n°340903)
- Jean TIROLE: MARKLIM - Markets and their limits (Grant n° 669217)
TSE receives significant support from the National Agency (ANR) of Research, the main funder of public research and research partnerships in France.
16 TSE researchers are involved in research projects funded by the ANR.
- Stefan AMBEC : EPE - " Economie Politique de l’Environnement " (ANR 12-BSH1-003-01)
- Ingela ALGER : HMEF - " Les motivations des êtres humains: fondements évolutionnaires " (ANR-12-CHEX-0012-01)
- Christian BONTEMPS & Thierry MAGNAC : PART_IDENT - " Identification Partielle de Modèles Economiques Structurels" (ANR -2011-BSH1-C04-01)
- Stéphane CAPRICE : CBVC - "Competition and Bargaining in Vertical Chains" (ANR-12-FRAL-0012)
- Sylvain CHABE-FERRET : PENSEE - "Payments for ENvironmental Services: an Evidence-based Evaluation"
- Marion DESQUILBET: IDAE - Institution Des AgroEcologies (ANR-15-CE21-0006-09)
- Pierre DUBOIS : FAD - " Food consumption, Advertising and Dynamics"
- Pierre DUBOIS : ANTIBIONOMICS - "Economics of Antibiotics: Incentives for Innovation and Health Care Costs" (ANR-16-CE36-0004-02)
- Patrick FEVE - Franck PORTIER : AMF - " Analyse des Multiplicateurs Fiscaux " (ANR 13-BSH1-002-01)
- Jean-Pierre FLORENS : IPANEMA - "Inverse problems and parsimony for econometric modeling and applications" (ANR 13-BSH1-0004-03)
- Astrid HOPFENSITZ: SINT - L'intelligence sociale: experiences et théories concernant les agents économiques
- Sophie MOINAS : PIMS - "Price formation In financial MarketS" (ANR-16-CE26-0008-01)
- Vincent Réquillart : PROBIO3 - “ Biotechnologies et Bioressources” (ANR-11-BTBR-0003)
- Vincent Réquillart : OCAD -" Offrir et Consommer une Alimentation Durable " (ANR-11-ALID-0002)
- Yinghua HE : FDA -“Preference formation and Peer effects in university : the further deferred acceptance” (ANR-14-FRAL-0005-01)
- Yinghua HE : DesignEdu -“Designing Educational Policies: Evidence from Paris’ Secondary Education” (ANR-14-CE30-004-01)
- Alban THOMAS : ATCHA - Accompagner l'adaptation de l'agriculture irriguée au changement climatique (ANR-16-CE03-0006)
- Christine THOMAS-AGNAN : ModUland - " Usage des sols : modèles,dynamique et décisions " (ANR-11-BSH1-0005)
- Wilfried SAND-ZANTMAN : POLICRE - " Politique de la concurrence, marchés publics et régulation : de la théorie à la pratique " (ANR-12-BSH1-0009)
- Stéphane VILLENEUVE : PACMAN - "Principal-Agent, Contracts and Mean-field gAmes for eNergy" (ANR-16-CE05-0027-04)
The TSE research teams are involved in H2020 projects.
This specific programme supports all types of research activities led by research organisations through transnational cooperation. Their aim is to build and consolidate leadership in scientific and technological fields. The funding of socio-economics and social science projects contribute to more in-depth study and a wider comprehension of complex and independent socio-economic challenges that Europe is currently facing.
In 2012, TSE received prestigious research funding for an 8-year period from the French government, within its "Investissements d'avenir" program. This funding, known as a Labex (Laboratoire d'excellence), supports many of TSE's research activities.
TSE is also coordinator or partner in various projects ranging from local projects to international projects
- Adrien Blanchet : Muse – “Multi-displinary study of emergence phenomena”
- Pierre Dubois : EARSEPC – “Econometric analysis of the role of scientific evidence on prescription choices”
- Catarina Goulão : OBEDIS – «Obesity Discrimination in hiring : a natural field experiment»
- James Hammitt : AMEP– «Advancing Methods for Evaluating Environmental/health policy and wealth»
- Vincent Réquillart : BIOMIP –«Bioful and bio-based products : market impacts of technology based on the use of co-products from the food industry»
- Stéphane Straub : Eleccor – “Corruption memory and electoral behavior in Paraguay”
- Jorgen Weibull : –“Evolution and stability of moral values,social norms and wealth”
- GRANT AIR FORCE
Jérôme Bolte receives the "Air Force" US Government Grant for his research on the KL inequalities and their application in non-convex optimization. The 3 year project is entitled "Forward-backward splitting for nonconvex optimization problems".