Please read carefully the Frequently Asked Questions section, and check the deadlines before applying.
If you wish to:
- find out the application procedure to follow according to your situation and the program level you wish to apply for
- start your application
Please CLICK HERE
For more information about the admissions campaigns calendar please also visit the "Application deadlines" section.
All application campaigns on eCandidatures for the 2021-2022 academic year are now closed.
The application campaigns calendar for the 2022-2023 academic year will be available on this page this fall.
- Eiffel Scholarship applications (only for foreign applicants and for Master's programs): http://www.campusfrance.org/en/eiffel : November 3rd to November 20th, 2020
- Master's programs year 1 and year 2, for applicants holding a foreign degree : January 13th to February 9th, 2021
- New this year: for Master's programs year 1 only, for applicants holding a french degree : January 13th to February 9th, 2021
- Bachelor's programs year 1 applications through the french national platform Parcoursup : January 20th to March 11th, 2021
- Master's programs year 2 only (for applicants holding a french degree) : May 7th to May 17th, 2021
- Bachelor's programs year 2 and 3 (for students holding a french or foreign degree) : May 7th to May 26th, 2021
Applications must be submitted online on the TSE platform eCandidatures. Any application submitted outside of the dates of the recruitment campaigns will not be reviewed.
If you want to be notified by email of the opening of the TSE application campaigns :
- Please complete the form here
HOW TO ENROLL AT TSE ?
Make sure to submit your application via eCandidatures before the end of the application campaign. There are no application fees.
Once you confirmed your acceptance at TSE via the eCandidatures portal, you will receive an automatic email informing you that you must now register at the university.
Most students must enroll online (be aware that the online registration platform, IA Web, is available only in french) from July 8th to July 19th or from August 23rd to September 3rd 2021.
You must pay your enrollment fees at the moment of your enrollment.
ENROLLMENT ONLINE OR IN PERSON ?
ONLINE ENROLLMENT / IA WEB : JULY 8TH TO JULY 19TH 2021 + AUGUST 23RD TO SEPTEMBER 3RD 2021
Please be aware that the online enrollment portal is available only in french.
To enroll online, please click here and follow the instructions : https://www.ut-capitole.fr/formations/s-inscrire/
ENROLLMENT IN PERSON :
Those concerned will be notified by email about the registration procedure in June-July by the Admissions Team.
You must register in person if you are in these situations:
- International newcomers
- TSE students not fluent in french (because the IA web is only in French)
- International students receiving a scholarship (Campus France, etc)
- Exempted students (exempted from the 5,500 € tuition fees of the Master's programs, international track)
PAY THE CVEC BEFORE YOUR ENROLLMENT
All students must pay the student tax called CVEC (Contribution Vie Etudiante et de Campus) amounting to 92 euros before enrolling at the university.
The CVEC must be paid to the CROUS. After the payment, you will get a payment certificate or a waiver certificate. This certificate is mandatory at the moment of your enrollment at the university (online or in person).
All students, including scholarship holders, can obtain a certificate relating to the payment or exemption of the CVEC via the portal messervices.etudiant.gouv.fr (only in french).
For more information :
- Crous website (only in French).
- You can contact directly the CROUS at this number +33140513735 (English-speaking contacts for international students).
The Admissions Team will forward you all the necessary information to pay the CVEC (translations in English) and proceed with your registration in person.
For the academic year 2021-2022, the enrollment fees amount to :
- 136 euros for a Bachelor's degree + 34 euros for the Commun Documentation Service (payable only once for the same academic year)
- 209 euros for a Master's degree + 34 euros for the Commun Documentation Service (payable only once for the same academic year)
Master's degree - international track : Additional training fees of 5,500 euros. These fees include :
- Project management courses and other practical courses (e.g. professional development courses in small groups)
- Access to our full TSE careers service
- French language classes (at the end of August) for international students
- Mathcamp (at the end of August)
- A welcome pack called ALL IN-TSE provided by the Toul'box to help you to settle in Toulouse
ENROLLMENT FEES FOR NON EU-STUDENTS
Unless they enroll in an international track Master's program, or unless they benefit from a specific individual waiver (see below), students will have to pay the differentiated fees in 2021-2022.
The registration fees that you will be required to pay will amount to:
- €2,770 per year at the Bachelor’s level
- €3,770 per year at the Master’s level
Students already enrolled at UT Capitole in 2020-2021 will be totally exempted from differentiated fees in 2021-2022.
Students already enrolled within a French public higher education establishment in 2018/2019, at all levels (Bachelor's, Master's, PhD) will not be affected by this reform.
Students enrolled in an international track Master's at TSE will not be affected by this reform. Please click HERE to find out more.
More information on the website of UT1 HERE.
To request a fee waiver, please consult our page "Financial support" by clicking HERE.
Fee waivers and scholarships
Fee waivers for Master's programs, international track
Additional enrollment fees of 5,500 euros apply to Master's programs, international track.
TSE offers every year a fee waiver of 5,500 euros to several students accepted in Master's programs, international track, on the basis of academic and geographical criteria. This action is part of the TSE policy and will be maintained for the next recruitment campaigns. Please note that these fee waivers do not concern the university enrollment fees (amounting to 243 euros) and the CVEC, "Student life tax" (amounting to 91 euros) which remain at your cost.
Procedure to request a fee waiver
- Two fee waiver commissions for international Master's program applicants will be held:
- One commission for Eiffel scholarship and January-Feburary campaigns applicants (except TSE students) will be held at the end of April 2021. Admitted applicants will receive an email from the Admissions Team, specifying the procedure and deadline for sending their tuition fee waiver request.
- One commission for current TSE students and Master 2 applicants holding a French degree will be held at the start of July 2021. Admitted applicants will receive an email from the Admissions Team, specifying the procedure and deadline for sending their tuition fee waiver request.
- You will be duly informed of the decision given to your tuition fee waiver request by email by the Admissions Team.
Differentiated registration fees and TSE partial registration fee waiver policy
The implementation of the reform on differentiated fees and the TSE partial registration fee waiver policy for non-EU students will apply for the academic year 2021-2022. Please click here to find out more.
UniCredit and Universities Master's scholarship
UniCredit & Universities Foscolo Foundation offers a scholarship to a student national from one of the 15 European countries in which UniCredit Group operates with outstanding academic background and accepted in the “doctoral path” of the Master 2 in Economics (Master 2 in Economic Theory and Econometrics).
Students cannot apply for this scholarship. The TSE Doctoral School proposes three to four applicants accepted in Master 2 doctoral track at TSE to UniCredit which select one laureat. For the academic year 2020/2021, no scholarship has been granted yet by UniCredit.
Scholarships from the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs may be awarded to outstanding international students from developing countries and Eastern Europe (1,180 euros per month, for 9 to 24 months) http://www.campusfrance.org/fr/eiffel
The following criteria are considered:
- Not be over 25 years of age when the application goes through Campus France
- The program is designed for foreign nationals. Candidates who hold French citizenship, even if they are also a citizen of another country, are not eligible.
Applicants who wish to be supported for the Eiffel scholarship will have to apply in November through our procedure (see Application deadlines).
“Bourses du Gouvernement Français” fff L’association Jean-Jacques Laffont grant (for second year Master's only)
These scholarships (also from the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs) are awarded through the French Embassies channel and Campus France offices.
For more information and deadlines, visit the website of the French Embassy in your country or the Campus France website.
L’association Jean-Jacques Laffont grant (for second year Master's only)
The association Jean-Jacques Laffont allocates each year one or several grants to a student originating from a developing country and assigned according to merit (8,000€).
Application process for the Jean-Jacques Laffont grant: if you have been admitted to a Master's in second year, you come from a developing country and you have an excellent application file, you may send a cover letter to the following email address (the deadline will be displayed shortly): firstname.lastname@example.org
Students who have been successfully admitted in a Master's program, international track, at TSE, and have received a grant from the Jean-Jacques Laffont association, can be exempted from paying the 5,500 euros Master's training fees (to the extent of 2 students per year).
United States Department of Education: Federal loan deferment
Regular students at Toulouse School of Economics which is part of Université Toulouse 1 Capitole (Federal school code: 04266200 for deferment only) are eligible for the purpose of granting to an in-school deferment of repayment of Federal Family Education Program Loans and Federal Direct Student Loans.
For more information
- Form to be completed
TSE grants (for M2 ETE students, doctoral track only)
Some TSE grants can be allocated to students admitted in M2 ETE “Doctoral track” (between 8,000 euros and 12,000 euros). Please note that the allocation of grants is part of the application process for the Doctoral Program. To apply, you must send an email to the Doctoral School once you have received your admission confirmation for M2 ETE (contact: email@example.com). Please attach a cover letter with the email, explaining your personal and academic background. The selection committee at the Doctoral School will meet in April or early May to review the applications and attribute TSE grants to the best candidates.
Scholarships for PhD students
Research scholarships from the French Ministry of High Education and Research are granted to the best students coming out of the first year (Second year Master's in research). Beneficiaries must be 30 years or less at the time the scholarship is awarded (1,300 euros per month, for three years). Exceptionally, outstanding students not eligible for these scholarships can be offered equivalent fellowships by the TSE Program.
Bachelor's programs first year : applications must be made online on the French national platform Parcoursup.
Bachelor's programs second or third year: please refer to the Admissions section in French to know about the required documents for your application.
Please note that our Bachelor's programs are taught entirely in French.
The following documents are required to apply for a Master's program first year or second year :
- curriculum vitae
- cover letter (in French for Master's standard track and in English for Master's international track)
- transcripts of your undergraduate studies (official translations in French or English)
- a copy of your Bachelor's degree or certificate of achievement (official translations in French or English) only for Master's program second year
- an English language certificate for Master's programs - International track : TOEFL iBT 90/120 minimum, IELTS 6.5/9 minimum or Cambridge English Advanced Certificate level C1
- a French language certificate for Master's programs - Standard track : TCF level C1 minimum or DALF level C1 minimum
Applicants are exempted from submitting any English or French language certificate if :
- they are an English or French native speaker
- they have obtained an undergraduate degree (2 years minimum) at a university in an English or French-speaking country
Other required documents are :
For Master's programs applicants holding a foreign degree: the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). No minimum is required.
Submitting the GRE is mandatory. There is no extra time allowed to submit your scores. Without the GRE, your application will be considered incomplete and will not be taken into account by the selection committee.
For external applicants (who are not TSE students): letters of recommendation from your academic referees :
- 2 letters for Master first year
- 3 letters for Master second year
These letters must be sent directly by email to the TSE Admission service by your academic referees - see FAQ.