To bring its support to Ukraine, TSE mobilizes and proposes some initiatives
June 28, Conference on Ukraine: Role and Prospects in the European Economy. TSE, with The association Ukraine Libre in partnership with the Occitanie / Pyrénées-Méditerranée Region organizes a conference on Ukraine: its role and its prospects in the European economy, with Carole Delga, Jean Tirole and Joël Echevarria, on Tuesday, June 28. In french
- The Ukrainian Refugee Crisis webinar launched on April 26, 2022.
The Russian invasion of Ukraine and the associated conflict has resulted in a major exodus from the country as individuals seeking safety attempt to escape the horrors of war. UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, has recently estimated that in excess of four million Ukrainians have left their country (with over seven million internally displaced), resulting in an extraordinary crisis with major humanitarian and economic implications. This webinar will feature four leading economists discussing the impacts of this ongoing refugee crisis and its implications for Ukraine and the rest of Europe.
Event co-sponsored by the Georgetown University Global Economic Challenges (GEC) Network, the Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), the Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR), and Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management (Université Libre de Bruxelles).
with the participation of:
- Emmanuelle Auriol, Professor, Toulouse School of Economics Vice President for International Relations, University of Toulouse I Capitole
- Tito Boeri, Professor, Bocconi University, Director, Rodolfo Debenedetti Foundation
- Christian Dustmann, Professor of Economics, University College London, Founding Director, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration
For more details about this webinar, please visit the event page.
- Frontiers in Economics 4 Ukraine Seminars launched on March 30, 2022.
An online seminar series hosted by @KyivSchool, and open to anyone interested in economics. All videos are available on the Youtube plateform
See the dedicated website for the upcoming seminars
- A panel with members of the Kyiv School of Economics was jointly organized by the european network ENTER, Mannheim and Carlos III University on March 7, 2022.
Panelists have talked about the current situation in Ukraine and comment on aspects such as safety of the civil population and sentiments of the population, supply lines, communication and media, as well as the economic sanctions imposed on Russia and nuclear safety.
Ukraine invasion: context, consequences and the information war
This special edition of Crossing Channels was organised in response to the invasion of Ukraine that began in February 2022. It covers how the Ukrainian people, policymakers, and government have responded during the first ten days of the war, its geopolitical context and implications, and the scale of the information war taking place, within both Ukraine and Russia.
With Horacio Larreguy (IAST - ITAM), Nataliia Shapoval (Kyiv School of Economics) and Ayse Zarakol (Cambridge University)
Listen on https://podfollow.com/1597966909/view
Find out more
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Facing the war that has been raging for several weeks in Ukraine, Toulouse Capitole University and its partners are joining forces to help the Ukrainians as best they can.
Here is a summary of the aid that has been put in place to help those in difficulty.
- The Programme Pause (National Emergency Reception Programme for Scientists in Exile) for researchers, and the MEnS network, its corollary for students.
- Ambassade de France en Ukraine : https://www.facebook.com/ambassadeukraineenfrance
Photo by Sincerely Media on Unsplash
Read all the latest articles from TSE on Ukraine
Marcel Boyer, "Opinion: We should seek the lesser of two evils in Ukraine", Financial Post, June 17, 2022.
Christian Gollier, "Guerre en Ukraine : pour quelques terawattheures de plus", L'Express, n°3693, April 14, 2022.
Christian Gollier, "Economics and politics of measures to stop financing Russian aggression against Ukraine", VoxEu, March 22, 2022.
Stefan Ambec and Claude Crampes, "Diversifier l’approvisionnement en gaz de l’Europe", La Tribune, March 16, 2022.
Christian Gollier, "Russie : "Jamais la sobriété énergétique de nos concitoyens n’a été aussi cruciale pour notre destin", Le Monde, March 11, 2022.
Photo by noah eleazar on Unsplash
All articles are available in the section: https://www.tse-fr.eu/debate/all
- Toulouse, twin city with the city of Kyiv (Kiev) for nearly 50 years, is mobilizing all the efforts of its area to support the Ukrainian people. All initiatives are listed HERE.
- Occitanie Cooperation: Regional Cooperation and Solidarity. Occitanie Cooperation has collected some initiatives that aim to coordinate emergency aid and regularly updates the information on this page.
- Tatyana Deryugina's daily blog