Studying abroad toward a TSE degree
TSE offers students who have successfully completed the 3rd year of a Bachelor's degree (L3) at the School the option of studying abroad towards the School’s “Master 1 in Economics (standard track)” Master's degree.
Candidate profile: 3rd year Bachelor students (L3)
Study at one of our 9 partner universities towards a TSE degree:
- Germany - Berlin - Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Germany - Munich - Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
- Belgium - Brussels - Université Libre de Bruxelles
- Belgium - Leuven - Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Spain - Barcelona - Universitat Pompeu Fabra
- Norway - Oslo - Universitetet i Oslo
- Czech Republic - Prague - Univerzita Karlova v Praze
- Turkey - Istanbul - Bogaziçi Üniversitesi
- Canada - Montréal - Université de Montréal
Length: one academic year
Applications open: from October to January of the previous academic year
Selection and announcement of results: Mid-February of the previous academic year
Degree: TSE Master's in Economics, 1st year (standard track)
=> Find out more about our partner universities.
Broaden your horizons
Taking a gap year involves pausing studies at the School for a year to complete a personal project and / or internships. Two types of gap year are possible: study abroad at one of our partner universities, which does not count towards a TSE degree, and a gap year for an internship and / or personal project.
at one of our 43 partner universities which does not count towards a TSE degree:
One semester or a full academic year at one of our partner universities in Europe or outside of Europe. Students spending a single term at partner universities must also complete a second project (internship / personal project), so as to take a full year out.
- Length: one academic year
- Applications: from October to January of the previous academic year
- Selection and announcement of results: Mid-February of the previous academic year
Gap year for an internship and / or personal project
A year out to take part in one or several internships in France or abroad, various personal projects such as humanitarian or charitable work, civic service, entrepreneurial projects, taking training in another area...
- Length: one academic year
- Applications: from March to May of the previous academic year
- Selection and announcement of results: End of May of the previous academic year
Shangrong CHEN - Exchange student at Pompeu Fabra 2016-2017
"As universities become more aware of the benefits and importance of international exposure, they are also becoming more flexible. You can now spend time abroad through a wide variety of mediums: study in a partner university, engage in community service work, work as an intern abroad, or any combination of these. At TSE specifically, we have the choice of doing our gap year when transitioning between our bachelor’s and master’s, or between the first and second year of our master’s. For those wanting to gain international exposure without extending your studies, doing an exchange or Erasmus Programme will be an ideal choice—the university has partnered up with several others all around the world. You will be spoiled with choice; the list includes Germany, Norway, Poland, United States, Colombia, Singapore, Japan, and Australia, just to name a few. The partner universities are typically renowned for their reputation and in academic rankings, so you can be sure that you will be interacting with other intelligent, driven, and interesting peers. Stop letting your hesitation get in the way of your progress. Join more than 50 students every year who go on exchange and acquire a new, once in a lifetime experience!"
Extract from TSEconomist – December 2017.