Public policy and development are at the core of the public debate. Issues such as education and health and other public policies, democracy, foreign aid, governance, human development, infrastructure, and the historical origins and effects of political and economic institutions, are of concern, not only to academics, but also to the general public all over the world.
In the 1st year, Students attend a rigorous academic program in the different economic disciplines and quantitative techniques for social sciences. The common core courses allow them to deepen their knowledge and the elective courses allow students to build up their careers projects, taking into account the specializations in the second year of the master’s programs.
In the 2nd year, the program combines economic theory, state-of-the-art applied microeconometric techniques, and an interdisciplinary approach to issues of development and public policy. While the program is primarily focused on economics, it is based on the belief that insights from related fields such as political science, history, and anthropology, are essential to study the problems of today’s world in depth.
M1 in Applied Economics - International track
(Syllabi are updated regularly)
*UE1/UE2/UE5. A minimum score of 10 out of 20 is required
**Masters 2 Directors highly recommend to attend these options :
- Industrial Organization: M2 EMO
- Environmental & Resource Economics: M2 ERNA
- Development Economics: M2 PPD
- Corporate finance et Market Finance: M2 Finance
- Panel Data or Time series: M2 EEE
*** Math refresher courses opened to M1 and M2 students
**** To attend the Martingales theory and applications course you need to have attended the Markov Chains course first
To practice a sport or a musical activity within the University orchestra, or the participation in the module "professional life" during the year can give you bonus points. Only points above 10/20 are recorded (please refer to the Welcome booklet).
M2 "Applied Economics" - Public Policy and Development International track
(Syllabi are updated regularly)
1 among 3 :
3 among 4 electives:
3 among 5 electives:
|Internship or master thesis
* Students who followed the course " Professional Development" in M1 in 2022-2023 will be exempted
** Upgrade courses in Mathematics, open to students in M1 and M2 of TSE
*** Choice of this option must be validated by the ETE Master Director for Development : theory, public policy and historical perspectives*** and for the EEE Master Director for Machine Learning as well as the PP&D Master Director
First year admission:
- Aimed at English speakers
- Students should hold a BSc in Economics, Applied Mathematics within a recognized curriculum considered as consistent with the program and approved by the TSE selection committee.
Second year admission:
- Admission is based on academic excellence criteria.
- Applicants from the French system must have passed the TSE International track Master 1 (1st year Master’s) in Economics or another French University master in Applied Mathematics or an equivalent degree (e.g., engineering school,…).
- holders of a BSc, M.A., or MSc degree, within a recognized curriculum regarded as consistent with the program and approved by the TSE Selection Committee.
- Some brushing-up in Economics or Maths might be advisable in some cases. Working knowledge of English is obviously required.
To apply to this master, select on eCandidatures platform:
- First year: M1 Applied Economics International track
- Second year: M2 Economics - Public Policy and Development International track
For more details about requirement documents and application process, please see the Admission section.
For Enrollment and Fees, please see the Admission section.
Scholarships: Some Master scholarships will be awarded to Master students according to academic and individual criteria, see Admission section
Chat with our students!
Don't hesitate to contact our student ambassadors if you have any questions for them! They will be happy to share their experience with you. Explore the different student ambassador profiles displayed below and create your account to start the discussion...
Not all fields of study are represented, but feel free to submit your question to one of the ambassadors by level of study.