Request for proposals
In February 2021, TSE issued a call for research proposals related to interoperability of digital payment systems in low- and middle-income countries. The call was open to projects with a theoretical and/or empirical approach.
The call is now closed.
The scientific team thanks all applicants for their interest. Many teams (composed of researchers of all affiliations, including post-doctoral researchers or PhD students) applied with exciting and interesting topics.
We are pleased to share the selected teams and projects, by PI’s last name alphabetical order:
- Annan, Francis (Georgia State University), Datta, Bikramadity (Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur), Klobudu, Edem (UT San Antonio): "Interoperability in Mobile Money Markets".
- Aurazo, Jose (Central Reserve Bank of Peru), Müller, Carola (CEMLA), Resendiz, Raul (CEMLA), Martinez, Anahi (CEMLA): "An interchange model for fintech in payments in emerging economies: The case of sub-acquirers in payment cards".
- Creti, Anna (Université Paris-Dauphine), Barry, Mamadou (Université Paris-Dauphine): "Financial Inclusion for Energy Access".
- Ferrouhi, El Mehdi (Ibn Tofail University), Kharbouch, Omar (Ibn Tofail University), Mounia, Sliman (Ibn Tofail University), Stout, Nabil (Ibn Tofail University): "Digital payment and financial inclusion: the case of mobile payment and mobile wallet in Morocco".
- Grzybowski, Lukasz (Telecom Paris and University of Cape Town), Mothobi, Onkokame (University of Botswana) Lindlacher, Valentin (University of Munich): "The role of interoperability and locations of mobile money agents for financial inclusion in Sub-Saharan Africa".
- Klobudu, Edem (UT San Antonio), Annan, Francis (Georgia State University): "Distributional Effects of Interoperable Digital Financial Services: Evidence from Mobile Money".
- Li, Renping (Washington University in Saint Louis), Brett, Green (Washington University in Saint Louis), Sraer, David (UC Berkeley): "Digital Collateral in Consumer Credit Markets".
The relevant documentation for this past call including deadlines, budget, eligibility, selection and award criteria, as well as guidance on how to submit a proposal may be consulted here.
To be informed about new opportunities please contact us: email@example.com
RFP Coordinator: Matthieu Bouvard, TSE