In 2012, the Banque de France and TSE launched a series of awards in the fields of monetary economics and finance.
Since 2007, the Banque de France and TSE have worked together to support and strengthen excellence in economic research in France, and make key contributions to international economic debate and expertise. As part of their partnership, the Banque de France and TSE work together on issues such as monetary economics and finance – themes of scientific excellence for TSE.
Laureates 2016 Copyright Banque de France
Every two years, a junior and senior prize are awarded to university researchers who develop fundamental concepts to help us understand monetary economics, finance and bank supervision. The awards highlight research that improves the way in which central banks operate.
The partnership also supports TSE's doctoral program by allowing PhD students to carry out scientific traineeships at the Banque de France under the joint responsibility of the TSE PhD supervisor and a researcher from the Banque de France.
Every two years, a senior prize and two junior prizes are awarded to researchers who develop fundamental concepts to help us understand monetary economics, finance and bank supervision.
The award highlight research that improve the way in which central banks operate.
|2018||Michael Woodford||Columbia University||
|2016||Olivier Jean Blanchard||MIT and Peterson Institute for Internatinoal Economics|
|2014||Nobuhiro Kiyotaki||Princenton University||
|2012||Bengt R. Holmström||MIT||
|2018||Yuriy Gorodnichenko||University of California, Berkeley||HERE|
|2016||Ricardo Reis||London School of Economics|
|2016||Amir Sufi||University of Chicago|
|2014||Ralph Koijen||London Business School||HERE|
|2013||Lasse Heje Pedersen||Copenhagen Business School||HERE|
|2013||Emmanuel Farhi||Harvard University||HERE|
|2012||Klaus Adam||Mannheim university||HERE|
|2012||Viral V. Acharya||Stern School of Business (NY)||HERE|
Conferences organized since 2012
- Conference Remise des Prix Senior et Junior en Economie Monétaire et Finance, Paris, FRANCE, March 14, 2019 -> PROGRAMME
- Conference Remise des Prix Senior et Junior en Economie Monétaire et Finance, Paris, FRANCE, November 14, 2017 -> PROGRAMME
- Conference Remise des Prix Senior et Junior en Economie Monétaire et Finance, Paris, France, January 19, 2015 -> PROGRAMME
- Conference Remise des Prix Senior et Junior en Economie Monétaire et Finance, Paris, France, March 16, 2012 -> PROGRAMME
Press release and photos
Laureates 2018, Michael Woodford,Victoria Vanasco and Yuriy Gorodnichenko.
Photo credits: © Direction de la Communication – Banque de France
- 2018 Laureates (in French)
- 2016 Laureates (in French)
- 2013- 2014 Laureates (in French)
- 2012 Laureates
- New Higlights of research on Finance and Macroeconomics topics. (Click on the image below to download the PDF.)
- The Banque de France was partnership of the Annual SED Conference organized by Toulouse School of Economics in 2016 : http://www.tse-fr.eu/conferences/2016-congres-sed-2016
- A quaterly magazine published by Toulouse School of Economics
- Articles published by Rue de la Banque