Andrea MANTOVANI will defend his HDR (Habilitation à diriger des recherches) on Thursday 7 July at 10:30 AM (MH 202, Manufacture des tabacs) and zoom.
« Essays on Firms’ Strategic Interaction »
To attend the conference, please contact the secretariat Elvire Jalran
- Bruno JULLIEN, Senior Researcher, CNRS
- Doh-Shin JEON, Professor, UT1 Capitole – Toulouse School of Economics
- Grazia CECERE, Professor, Institut Mines Telecom, Business School
- Marc BOURREAU, Professor, Télécom Paris, Institut Polytechnique de Paris
- Helena PERRONE, Assistant Professor, University of Manheim
This book gathers my most relevant contributions on the study of firms' strategic interaction. There are four main research areas in which I investigated this issue: applications of dynamic games to firms’ incentive to innovate; competition and collaboration among firms selling complementary product; asymmetric information problems with environmental concerns and price signaling; platform competition and regulation. The fil rouge that connects these areas is the effort to understand what guides firms’ decisions and what are the implications for managers, consumers, and policy makers. Most of the papers presented in the manuscript are theoretical, however there are also empirical studies gauging the economic effect of recent policy interventions against dominant platforms.