Renato DIAS DE BRITO GOMES will defend his HDR (Habilitation à diriger des recherches) on “Essays in Industrial Organization” next Wednesday 3rd June, 2020 at 4 pm.
Zoom meeting. If you want to join the meeting, please contact Bruno Jullien
- Professor Jean TIROLE, Directeur d’Études (TSE and IAST)
- Professor Bruno JULLIEN, Directeur de Recherche (TSE and CNRS)
- Professor Alessandro PAVAN, Professor of Economics (Northwestern University)
- Professor Philippe CHONÉ, Professor of Economics (ENSAE)
- Professor José Luis MORAGA-GONZALEZ, Professor of Economics (University of Amsterdam and University of Groningen)
This thesis collects fours axes of my previous and ongoing research: the first studies allocative mechanisms such as auctions and matching procedures used in online markets; the second is on competition policy, regarding for instance the pricing of ancillary goods and the regulation of platform commissions; the third concerns optimal taxation, in environments involving occupational choice by workers; and the fourth investigates the effects of second-degree price discrimination in imperfectly competitive settings.