A privileged location in the South-West of France
Toulouse enjoys a privileged geographical location with its proximity to the Mediterranean Sea, the Atlantic Ocean and the Pyrenees. The school is based in the TSE Building, near the garonne and closed to the city’s historical center (a few minutes’ walk from the Place du Capitole).
A campus with all the necessary tools for a quality education:
- Lecture halls
- Wifi access within the whole campus
- Computer rooms
- Multimedia Languages Laboratories
Please note that the research center has moved to 1, Esplanade de l'université Toulouse but courses are always at the Manufacture des tabacs, 21 Allée de Brienne Toulouse, France.
Department of economics of Toulouse Capitole University
It is governed by an independent Administration board and an educational council.
The administration board is composed of representatives of the educational and administrative teams, an elected student, and decision-makers (in companies and local administrations).
It is in charge of the administrative, educational and financial autonomy of the School. It defines the educational programs within the University of Toulouse Capitole policy. It approves the annual School budget, the content of the educational programs, the school’s educational policy and the creation of new classes as well as the creation & development of the school’s internal rules.
It is made up of 14 people:
- 8 academic staff representatives
- 1 administrative staff representative
- 1 student representative
- 6 outside members
- and invited members
The academic and administrative representatives are elected for four university years. The student representative is elected for two years.
The president of the governing body (an external member) is elected for 3 years.
Its mission is to put in action the School’s strategy and to follow the day to day management of activities. It is consulted before each meeting of the governing body.
It is made up of:
The Dean of the School
The Bachelor’s and Master’s program Directors
The director of the PhD School
Three elected students enrolled on a course of the school (elected for 2 years)
A representative from a Toulouse secondary school
The chief of service of the School’s registrar’s office
The school is also managed by:
- The Dean of the School
- The Director of the PhD School
- The General Secretary
- The Bachelor and Master program Directors
Good to know
School and Admission
The School and Admission Department is located at the building of Toulouse School of Economics
1, Esplanade de l'université
Just a few meters on foot from the Place St Pierre and about 700 meters from the Manufacture des Tabacs (couses campus)
- Licence 1: September 1st, 2023
- Licence 2: September 4th, 2023
- 3rd year Bachelor, Master 1 and Master 2 ETE/MED and MRes: September 4th, 2023
- Other Masters : September 11th, 2022
- Admissions : from November to March for foreign students (see Admissions section)
- Infosup : From 11 to 13 January 2024
- OPEN DAY TSE: February 3, 2024
- Business Networking day: 24th November 2023
- Gradudation ceremony: 25th November 2023
- From Licence 1 & Licence 2: Download the annual academic calendar (in French ; website UT1 Capitole)
- Licence 3 : annual calendar 2023-2024
- Master 1 : annual calendar 2023-2024
- Master 2 and Mres : annual calendar 2023-2024
Interested in practicing sport at the university?
For more information, have a look at the University website.
Two main libraries are available:
- Arsenal (Economic Books on Level 2) Opening hours and Access HERE
- Manufacture des tabacs (Level 1 and 2) Opening hours and Access HERE
At any time, you can see how busy the libraries are in real time by visiting this website: https://www.ut-capitole.fr/accueil/bibliotheques/informations-pratiques
A large range of online economics resources are available on UT Capitole website: https://www.ut-capitole.fr/accueil/bibliotheques/documentation/economie
Several guides are available for students arriving to the school and moving to Toulouse:
- Student guide (Toulouse Capitole University guide)
- Welcome Booklet (TSE Student guide)
- Orientation Guide (TSE guide for international students)
- Accommodation Guide (Federal University of Toulouse)
Toul'Box is a device to help students and researchers, both French and international, to anticipate their arrival and settling in Toulouse. The services offered by the Toul'Box are structured in thematic packages. Some are free, others are paying services and they cover: migration formalities (visas), administrative, housing assistance, language training, reception procedures and cultural integration. From simple information to the capacity to anticipate and accomplish initiatives, the range of services offered is wide and modular. The Toul'Box allows the following up and support of students and researchers throughout their stay.
- Digital work Environment: Students at the Toulouse Capitole University can access emails, timetable, online courses, internship agreement, ...using the "ENT" (Environnement Numérique de Travail = digital work environment) "monespace" with your Sesame Id and password.
- Internships and jobs offers: they are made available to students and alumni on the alumni website http://alumni.tse-fr.eu
- Facebook Group - TSE Careers: join the TSE Careers Facebook Group. A lot of information will be shared (internships, professional development, events etc.) and you will know in real time the news of this office.
- Moodle: Moodle is the online educational educational platform of the University, which is accessible online. It is an exchange platfom with your teachers, and also offers work group activities. Find out more about how using Moodle
Past exam papers
Past exam papers are available on the library web site (in French).
Very dynamic students associations
The association "Bureau des élèves" (BDE)
It aims at fostering integration and inter-student relations at TSE. The association organizes parties, weekend breaks or longer trips. TSE students can also share ideas with the association's board...Don't hesitate to make suggestions!
- Facebook / @bdetse sur Instagram
- President: Hugo Comes
- Office MF012
The TSEconomist is a magazine produced and designed by TSE students. Students publish this magazine to help develop its readers’ critical thinking skills and connect researchers, TSE Alumni, and the school’s students, bringing the TSE Community together around debates on major social issues.
- The magazine is always looking for new ideas and members, contact them: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office MF006
Say it aloud TSE
This association is the TSE students forum for debate. It aims at promoting the open-minded and eclectic ideas at TSE. To achieve this goal this association organizes some debates between TSE students and lots of conferences on many topics held by highly-qualified speakers.
This association is in charge of organizing sport activities for TSE students.
- Facebook page
- Office MD303
TSE Junior Etudes belongs to the Junior Enterprises movement, the first French student movement gathering more than 200 Junior Enterprises. These associations put companies and students in contact by carrying out rewarded studies.
TSE Junior Études sells its services in Macroeconomics, Environmental Economics, Industrial Economics, and Data Analysis, which are the skills acquired at the end of the training provided by TSE.
- For more information, visit the website: https://tse-junior.com/
- If you want to join the association: room MF 002
- Linkedin: TSE Junior Etudes / Instagram: tse_junioretudes
Women in Economics at TSE
Women in Economics at TSE is a new association dedicated to building community among women and fostering a more inclusive environment in economics and at TSE.
Président: Maria Frech