To find out the application procedure to follow if you hold a French or a foreign degree, and depending on the program level you want to apply for, please fill in the form below (please note that applications are open from November 3rd to November 20th for Eiffel scholarship applicants only and from January for other foreign degree applicants).
Please read carefully the Frequently Asked Questions section, and check the deadlines before applying.
- APPLY HERE (Please see "Application deadlines")
Application campaigns for the 2021-2022 academic year
November 3rd to November 20th, 2020 for Eiffel Scholarship applications (only for foreign applicants and for Master's programs): http://www.campusfrance.org/en/eiffel
January 13th to February 9th, 2021:
- For Master's programs for applicants holding a foreign degree
- New this year: for Master's programs year 1 only, for applicants holding a french degree
January 20th to March 11th, 2021 for Bachelor's programs year 1 applications through the french national platform Parcoursup.
May 7th to May 17th, 2021 for Master's programs year 2 only (for applicants holding a french degree)
May 7th to May 26th, 2021 for Bachelor's programs year 2 and 3 (for students holding a french or foreign degree)
Applications must be submitted online on the TSE platform eCandidatures. Any application submitted outside of the dates of the recruitment campaigns will not be reviewed.
If you want to be notified by email of the opening of the TSE application campaigns :
- Please complete the form here
HOW TO ENROLL AT TSE ?
Make sure to submit your application via eCandidatures before the end of the application campaign. There is no application fees.
Once you confirmed your acceptance at TSE via the eCandidatures portal, you will receive an automatic email informing you that you must now register at the university.
You can either enroll online (be aware that the online registration platform is available only in french) from July or enroll in person at the end of August.
You must pay your enrollment fees at the moment of your enrollment.
ENROLLMENT ONLINE OR IN PERSON ?
ONLINE ENROLLMENT / IA WEB : OPENING AT THE BEGINNING OF JULY
Please be aware that the online enrollment portal is available only in french.
To enroll online, please click here and follow the instructions : https://www.ut-capitole.fr/formations/s-inscrire/
ENROLLMENT IN PERSON : AT THE END OF AUGUST
You must register in person if you are in these situations :
- International newcomers
- TSE students not fluent in french (because the IA web is only in French)
- International students receiving a scholarship (Campus France, etc)
- Exempted students (exempted from the 5,500 € tuition fees of the Master's programs, international track)
All concerned students will be duly notified about the registration procedure in June-July by the Admission service.
PAY THE CVEC BEFORE YOUR ENROLLMENT
All students must pay the student tax called CVEC (Contribution Vie Etudiante et de Campus) amounting to 92 euros before enrolling at the university.
The CVEC must be paid to the CROUS. After the payment, you will get a payment certificate or a waiver certificate. This certificate is mandatory at the moment of your enrollment at the university (online or in person).
All students, including scholarship holders, can obtain a certificate relating to the payment or exemption of the CVEC via the portal messervices.etudiant.gouv.fr (only in french).
For more information :
- Crous website (only in French).
- You can contact directly the CROUS at this number +33140513735 (English-speaking contacts for international students).
The admissions service will forward you all the necessary information to pay the CVEC (translations in English) and proceed with your registration in person.
For the academic year 2020-2021, the enrollment fees amount to :
- 136 euros for a Bachelor's degree + 34 euros for the Commun Documentation Service (payable only once for the same academic year)
- 209 euros for a Master's degree + 34 euros for the Commun Documentation Service (payable only once for the same academic year)
Master's degree - international track : Additional training fees of 5,500 euros. These fees include :
- Project management courses and other practical courses (e.g. professional development courses in small groups)
- Access to our full TSE careers service
- French language classes (at the end of August) for international students
- Mathcamp (at the end of August)
- A welcome pack called ALL IN-TSE provided by the Toul'box to help you to settle in Toulouse
ENROLLMENT FEES FOR NON EU-STUDENTS
Due to the current peculiar circumstances surrounding the Covid-19, the University Toulouse 1 Capitole has decided to not apply the reform on differentiated registration fees to non-EU students for the 2020-2021 academic year. Therefore, all non-EU students will be required to pay the same registration fees as EU students.
Unless they benefit from a specific individual waiver (see below), students benefiting from this exceptional measure will have to pay the differential fees in 2021-2022.
- If you are enrolled in the 1st or 2nd year of a Bachelor's degree in UT1 in 2020-21: you will have to pay the differential fees for the 2nd or 3rd year of the Bachelor's degree.
- If you are enrolled in the 1st year of a Master's degree in UT1 in 2020-21: you will have to pay the differential fees for the 2nd year of the Master's degree.
- If you are enrolled in the 3rd year of a Bachelor's degree in UT1 in 2020-21: you will be exempted from the differential fees for the whole Bachelor's cycle.
- If you are enrolled in the 2nd year of a Master's degree in UT1 in 2020-21: you will be exempted from the differential fees for the whole Master's cycle.
More information on the website of UT1 here.
The implementation of the reform on differentiated fees and the TSE partial registration fee waiver policy for non-EU students is postponed to the next academic year 2021-2022. More information on the financial aids available by clicking HERE.
Fee waivers and scholarships
Fee waivers for Master's programs, international track
Additional enrollment fees of 5,500 euros apply to Master's programs, international track (except for the Master 2 ETE doctoral track).
TSE offers every year a fee waiver of 5,500 euros to several students accepted in Master's programs, international track, on the basis of academic and geographical criteria. This action is part of the TSE policy and will be maintained for the next recruitment campaigns. Please note that these fee waivers do not concern the university enrollment fees (amounting to 243 euros) and the CVEC, "Student life tax" (amounting to 91 euros) which remain at your cost.
Procedure to request a fee waiver
- To apply for a fee waiver, applicants who have been accepted in a Master's program, international track, must submit a cover letter requesting a tuition fee waiver and send it to email@example.com.
- Two fee waiver commissions will be held:
- on March 24th, 2020 : for Eiffel scholarship and Foreign degree applicants. Please send your tuition fee waiver request before March 15th, 2020.
- June 2020 : for French degree applicants. For students holding a French degree and applying during the application campaign from May 5th to 26th 2020, please send your tuition fee waiver request by email to the Admissions service from May 27th to June 7th 2020 at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be duly informed of the decision given to your tuition fee waiver request by email by the Admission service.
Differentiated registration fees and TSE partial registration fee waiver policy
The implementation of the reform on differentiated fees and the TSE partial registration fee waiver policy for non-EU students is postponed to the next academic year 2021-2022.
UniCredit and Universities Master's scholarship
UniCredit & Universities Foscolo Foundation offers a scholarship to a student national from one of the 15 European countries in which UniCredit Group operates with outstanding academic background and accepted in the “doctoral path” of the Master 2 in Economics (Master 2 in Economic Theory and Econometrics).
Students cannot apply for this scholarship. The TSE Doctoral School proposes three to four applicants accepted in Master 2 doctoral track at TSE to UniCredit which select one laureat. For the academic year 2020/2021, no scholarship has been granted yet by UniCredit.
Scholarships from the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs may be awarded to outstanding international students from developing countries and Eastern Europe (1,180 euros per month, for 9 to 24 months) http://www.campusfrance.org/fr/eiffel
The following criteria are considered:
- Not be over 25 years of age when the application goes through Campus France (must be born after March 1995)
- The program is designed for foreign nationals. Candidates who hold French citizenship, even if they are also a citizen of another country, are not eligible.
Candidates who wish to be supported for the Eiffel scholarship will have to apply in November through our procedure (see Application deadlines).
“Bourses du Gouvernement Français”
These scholarships (also from the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs) are awarded through the French Embassies channel and Campus France offices.
For more information and deadlines, visit the website of the French Embassy in your country or the Campus France website.
American Friends of TSE Excellence Scholarship
Funded by the American Friends of TSE, this scholarship will be awarded to one U.S. resident for his/her Master’s, first and second year (2020 – 2022) at TSE in Toulouse. The total amount of the scholarship is 24,000 euros (allocated over two years). For more information about the scholarship and the application procedure (deadline April 10th 2020), please click on this link.
United States Department of Education: Federal loan deferment
Regular students at Toulouse School of Economics which is part of Université Toulouse 1 Capitole (Federal school code: 04266200 for deferment only) are eligible for the purpose of granting to an in-school deferment of repayment of Federal Family Education Program Loans and Federal Direct Student Loans.
For more information
- Form to be completed (Students complete sections 1-3 of the form and the school completes section 4).
TSE grants (for M2 ETE students, doctoral track only)
Some TSE grants can be allocated to students admitted in M2 ETE “Doctoral track” (between 8,000 euros and 12,000 euros). Please note that the allocation of grants is part of the application process for the Doctoral Program. To apply, you must send an email to the Doctoral School once you have received your admission confirmation for M2 ETE (contact: email@example.com). Please attach a cover letter with the email, explaining your personal and academic background. The selection committee at the Doctoral School will meet in April or early May to review the applications and attribute TSE grants to the best candidates.
L’association Jean-Jacques Laffont grant (for second year Master's only)
The association Jean-Jacques Laffont allocates each year one or several grants to a student originating from a developing country and assigned according to merit (between 5,000€ and 8,000€).
Application process for the Jean-Jacques Laffont grant: if you have been admitted to a Master's in second year, you come from a developing country and you have an excellent application file, you may send a cover letter to the following email address (the deadline will be displayed shortly): firstname.lastname@example.org
Students who have been successfully admitted in a Master's program, international track, at TSE, and have received a grant from the Jean-Jacques Laffont association, can be exempted from paying the 5,500 euros Master's training fees (to the extent of 2 students per year).
Scholarships for PhD students
Research scholarships from the French Ministry of High Education and Research are granted to the best students coming out of the first year (Second year Master's in research). Beneficiaries must be 30 years or less at the time the scholarship is awarded (1,300 euros per month, for three years). Exceptionally, outstanding students not eligible for these scholarships can be offered equivalent fellowships by the TSE Program.
Bachelor's programs first year : applications must be made online on the French national platform Parcoursup.
Bachelor's programs second or third year: please refer to the Admissions section in French to know about the required documents for your application.
Please note that our Bachelor's programs are taught entirely in French.
For Eiffel Scholarship applicants: to help you through your application, please consult this guide.
Eiffel Scholarship: New this year: the eligibility criterium for age is now 25 years-old maximum (tha applicant must be born after March 1995)
The following documents are required to apply for a Master's program first year or second year :
- curriculum vitae
- cover letter (in French for Master's standard track and in English for Master's international track)
- transcripts of your undergraduate studies (official translations in French or English)
- a copy of your Bachelor's degree or certificate of achievement (official translations in French or English) only for Master's program second year
- an English language certificate for Master's programs - International track : TOEFL iBT 90/120 minimum, IELTS 6.5/9 minimum or Cambridge English Advanced Certificate level C1
- a French language certificate for Master's programs - Standard track : TCF level C1 minimum or DALF level C1 minimum
Applicants are exempted from submitting any English or French language certificate if :
- they are an English or French native speaker
- they have obtained an undergraduate degree (2 years minimum) at a university in an English or French-speaking country
Other required documents are :
For Master's programs applicants holding a foreign degree: the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). No minimum is required.
Submitting the GRE is mandatory. There is no extra time allowed to submit your scores. Without the GRE, your application will be considered incomplete and will not be taken into account by the selection committee.
For external applicants (who are not TSE students): letters of recommendation from your academic referees :
- 2 letters for Master first year
- 3 letters for Master second year
These letters must be sent directly by email to the TSE Admission service by your academic referees - see FAQ.