This master in Econometrics and Empirical Economics aims at providing econometric and empirical analysis tools combined with strong skills in using large data sets in order to perform deep studies in a broad area of economics. This program provides in the first semester a solid training in microeconometrics, time series, panel data models, non-parametric methods, large dimension statistical tools, computer programming, and database management system. In the second semester, students apply these training to do empirical studies in industrial organization, finance, public policy evaluation programs, health and insurance, data analytics and big data.
Courses are taught in English by TSE faculty members with well-established international reputation in econometrics, empirical economics, industrial organization, and finance among others. This training is completed with an empirical project done during the whole year in a group of students.
To obtain the Econometrics and Empirical Economics Master’s degree, students need to complete all courses of the first semester and the equivalent of four courses of 30 hours on the second semester, and either :
- do an internship within a firm (public or private), a financial institution (bank, insurance), a government institution (competition or regulatory authority), or a research laboratory and write an internship report.
- write a Master Thesis under the supervision of a TSE faculty.
Syllabi are in the process of being updated. For information, here are all 2018-2019 syllabi
|Compulsory courses:||Choose 2 electives:
Equivalent of 8 credits among:
|Internship or Master Thesis|
* Students followed the course " Professional Development" in M1 in 2018-2019 will be exempted.
** Upgrade course in Mathematics, open to students in M1 and M2 of TSE.
To practice a sport or a musical activity within the University orchestra during the year can give you bous points. Only point above 10/20 are recorded
Consultant, analyst, Economists for large companies in the industrial sector, banking, insurance,government departments...
- Admission is based on academic excellence. An undergraduate degree of at least 4 years of college or a Master’s degree is required with a curriculum considered as consistent with the program and approved by the TSE selection committee.
- Working knowledge of English is also required.
- For more details about application process, we invite you to visit our Admissions section
5500 euros + 256 euros : Master registration fees + 215 euros: Social Security
Scholarships: Some Master scholarships will be awarded to Master students according to academic and individual criteria