The master 2 Statistics and econometrics is open to students who have previously acquired solid skills in economics and mathematical statistics. This MSc program offers general classes in statistics and econometrics including data mining, big data, survey sampling, scoring, spatial econometrics, web mining, ... The objective of the curriculum is first to give the students a solid culture in the big themes of applied statistics. This culture is necessarily developed while learning softwares like R, Python, SAS and Matlab. Furthermore, the students acquire skills in computing when it comes to database management. Some electives allow them to develop applications in various fields mainly in the tertiary sector.
Job opportunities are in data science and business analytics in banking, marketing and industry.
This master is also available in apprenticeship. For more details, you can download the brochure (in French).
The students must carry out a mandatory internship of at least 4 months from April onwards with an oral academic viva at the beginning of September. All classes are taught in English.
Optional 2 among 4:
Optional 2 among 3:
* Common course with the 1st year master in Econometrics and Statistics
** Groups of 4 students
***Students who have already attended these courses in 2019-2020 are exempted
**** Maths refresher courses
To practice a sport or a musical activity within the University orchestra during the year can give you bous points. Only point above 10/20 are recorded
Download the bochure's skills acquired at the end of the master.
Also, visit our career section where you can read and see experiences from Alumni.
Note that students are invited to participate to Data Challenges: in 2015, a team has participated to the Data Science Game: http://www.datasciencegame.com/)
- Admission is based on academic excellence criteria. An undergraduate degree of at least 4 years of college or a Master’s degree is required, within a recognized curriculum considered as consistent with the program and approved by the TSE selection committee. Some brushing-up in Economics or Maths might be advisable in some cases.
- Working knowledge of English is obviously required.
- For more details about application process, we invite you to visit our Admissions section.
- Apprenticechip: all applications must be processed throught eCandidatures TSE AND through the survey titled Déclaratif complémentaire de candidature à une formation en alternance. Both of these are on our Admission section.
Tuition fees : 5 500€ /year + enrollment fees : 333€ (CVEC included).
Scholarships: Some Master scholarships will be awarded to Master students according to academic and individual criteria