Alexia Lee GONZALEZ FANFALONE will defend her thesis on « Essays in Economics of ICTs and Innovation », Thursday May 17th, room MQ 212(Manufacture des Tabacs)
Supervisor: Emmanuelle AURIOL Professor Toulouse School of Economics and UT Capitole
- M. Antonio ESTACHE, Professor of University of Bruxelles
- M. Martin CAVE, Professor, Imperial College Business School
- M. Farid GASMI, Professor, University of Toulouse Capitole
- Mrs. Gaëlle BALINEAU, researcher, Agence Française de Développement
- Mrs. Emmanuelle AURIOL, Professor, TSE and University of Toulouse Capitole
This thesis in Economics of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) and Innovation is composed of three chapters, each one addressing a different research questions with their empirical application.
Chapter 1, “Competition from Mobile Operators in the Banking Sector and Financial
Inclusion: the case of Kenya” studies how an innovation in a seemingly unrelated sector(i.e. Telecommunications), produces an entrant in the financial market, with potential impact on traditional banks’ coverage decision.
Chapter 2, “Post-contractual opportunistic behavior as a barrier to innovation: the case of Chilean firms” studies empirically the question of how can hold-up affect incentives to innovate.
Finally, Chapter 3, “Hedonic Price Analysis of Triple-And-Quadruple-Play Communication
Bundles in France, the United Kingdom and the United States” is an application of hedonic functions to understand the underlying prices of broadband communication packages through their features.