Christian Gollier, Julia Elizabeth King, and Rick van der Ploeg, Climate Change Debate: Combating climate change: can global agreements, regulation or markets ever deliver?, London: French Institute, June 1, 2017.
Toulouse School of Economics is delighted to invite you to participate to a rountable on Climate change
Combating climate change: can global agreements, regulation or markets ever deliver?
Thursday 1st June - 6.30pm -
17 Queensberry Place,
London SW7 2DT
Register here (mandatory)
This roundtable will address today's major climate policy and practice challenges. Leading thinkers from business, finance, policy-making and academic research will discuss:
- The merits of a uniform carbon price and the likelihood that could materialise any time soon.
- The incentives for key financial market players to act against climate change and how to deal with the risk of ‘stranded assets’.
- How regulatory standards and renewable energy subsidies can drive green innovation.
- How to go forward from the Paris agreement amid pledge withdrawals and weaknesses.
- Christian Gollier (Toulouse School of Economics)
- Julia King - Baroness Brown of Cambridge (House of Lords)
- Rick van der Ploeg (Oxford university)
- Romesh Vaitilingam (VoxEU.org)
The debate will be followed by a networking cocktail